Privacy & Cookies
Dick Winters Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. This policy outlines how Dick Winters uses and protects any information one gives when using this website.
Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any information we need to process your order, eg, name, email, postal address, billing address, card number or other payment method details, contact phone number.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used for fraud check purposes.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used:
- To process your order and to provide after sales services.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
- We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter or create an account on this site. The purpose of the subscription is to gather details so that we can provide you with up-to-date information on our products and services which you have requested from us.
- We operate an opt-in policy in terms of communicating via email, post and telephone. By subscribing to our newsletter, you are opting to receive communications by email. However, every time we contact you after this, you will have an opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you by contacting the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the ability to either delete or indeed edit your account information including address and contact details, and preferences on our website at any time. You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain, by logging into your account with the username and password you created when you registered with us. You cannot directly change the name, address, contact details and other details of existing orders, but can contact us to change order details if you need to via email@example.com.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Dick Winters store such as relevant service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. You can remove your Dick Winters account which will stop you being sent these messages. Please note that if you place an order with the site, Dick Winters will keep a permanent record of your details as entered at the time of the order.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. We also comply fully with the UK Data Protection Act (DPA).
Dick Winters Ltd may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Dick Winters account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.